Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Some of My Favorite Trips

So this is my first post on Ambition & Wanderlust, and I'm super excited about it!

If you can't tell by the name of the blog, I have a bit of wanderlust. I've been to 35 states and 7 countries (if you count the United States as one). I'm constantly trying to plan more travel, but I put together a list of some of my favorite places I've been so far.


Paris, France

Cliché, right? It might not be adventurous, per se, but it is a fantastic city. Paris is somewhere I've wanted to visit since I was a kid; in fact, I took French classes simply because I loved the thought of Paris so much. There's so much to do, so much culture: from the Eiffel Tower to the catacombs. There's a little something for everyone in the City of Light.

The first time I visited Paris was the summer before my junior year of high school (it was also my first time going to Europe, and flying in a plane!) It was before I really knew how to travel, but I will never forget the feeling I had when I first laid eyes on the Eiffel Tower. It was a feeling I haven't had since; it took my breath away, it made me fall in love, it was everything I hoped for and more. The only thing I can compare it to is what I imagine love at first sight would feel like (and it kind of was love at first sight).

Here's a picture of me failing at taking a good travel photo:
(I'll get more into why that was such a fail of a photo in a post later)

Florence, Italy

Florence is a beautiful city. I love shopping in Florence, the food is amazing (pizza and pasta are my all time faves), and the sights are pretty beautiful too. I've been to Florence twice as well and I still haven't seen all the art and sights I'd like to see. If you're a fan of art (or even just want to see some iconic pieces of art), Florence is a great place for you too!

Capri, Italy

Capri is an island in the Mediterranean, and it is nothing short of amazing. I've never stayed in a hotel on the island (it's a very expensive island), but a day trip is enough to see most of what it has to offer. There are beautiful gardens, some fantastic shops- you can get custom made sandals, they're kind of a big deal- and you can jump off of huge rocks into the Mediterranean. I'm more of the adventurous type, so jumping off rocks is my activity of choice (also skinny dipping in the ocean, but that's a whole different story). 

I would also recommend the boat tour around the island, it's absolutely amazing to sail under the original Tunnel of Love, even if you're perpetually single like I am. 


Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I used to go to Winnipeg on a yearly basis with my French class in high school. There's so much to do in the city; there's French culture all around (especially in the Forks), there's some great shopping, and a ton of great restaurants. If you like international travel but can't afford Europe at the moment, Winnipeg is a great alternative.



I have a ton of other favorite places to go- it was so hard to come up with just a few to list. Do you have any favorite cities/countries/areas of the world that I didn't mention? I'd love to hear about them!







No comments:

Post a Comment